Good morning, neighbors. Despite last week’s rumors, the Clark Street Subway station does not appear to be quite open yet, according to Brooklyn Heights District Leader candidate Seamus Campbell.
First, today’s weather:
Morning mist, then a shower. High: 62 Low: 48.
Here are the top three stories in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO today:
- Believe it or not it’s almost May already. Here’s your guide to family-friendly street fairs throughout next month, starting with Family Fun Fest in Fort Greene. (Brooklyn Bridge Parents)
- A new Dippin ‘Dots and Doc Popcorn franchise location is coming to Fulton Street in Downtown Brooklyn. The second in the city, the tasty treats might see an even bigger expansion in the near future. A grand opening is scheduled for May 13. (amNY)
- Brooklyn Beep Antonio Reynoso held a belated inauguration ceremony on Sunday, attended by the likes of Senator Chuck Schumer and Congresswoman Nydia Velázquez. A little to the south, Councilwoman Shahana Hanif held her own celebration the same day, occupying the seat formerly held by Brad Lander. (Brooklyn Paper)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. Getting some spring cleaning tasks done? Why not refresh your home’s security, too. Secure windows, doors, and more with up to $ 80 off on select Alarm Pro Kits. Do not wait, offers end 5/1 at 9 pm PST.
Today in Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO:
- Pop-up pantry at St. Ann & Holy Trinity Church (10:30 pm)
- Open hours at Brooklyn Bridge Park environmental education center (3 pm)
- Live band and karaoke Tuesdays at The Atlantic (8 pm)
From my notebook:
- The Brooklyn Marathon and Brooklyn Half snaked their way through DUMBO on Sunday – here’s lots of colorful pictures. (Brooklyn Magazine)
- Willoughby Street in Downtown Brooklyn is going car free this Wednesday. (Twitter)
- An MTA worker at Jay Street-Metro Tech was injured after being struck by a train on Monday morning. (amNY)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Greene Hill Lower School Virtual Tour (April 28)
- Success Academy Prospect Heights, Virtual Information Session (April 28)
- Brooklyn Reading Council Author Dinner (April 28)
- Amazing Grace: Vy Higgenson’s Sing Harlem Choir (April 29)
- Flutter: A Discovery Play for Babies by Treehouse Shakers (April 30)
- Inside Mambo at the Palladium Ballroom (April 30)
- The Knights and Edgar Meyer, bass, play Copland, Meyer, and more (April 30)
- Hire A Pro To Tackle Mom’s To-Do List (May 8)
- Add your event
Loving the Brooklyn Heights-DUMBO Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Tuesday! I’ll see you soon.