Broward Turnpike exit and entry ramps closed for the weekend
Starting Friday, three ramps on Broward’s section of the Florida Turnpike will be closed for the weekend.
All Turnpike entry ramps on Coconut Creek’s Sample Road will be fully closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
Meanwhile, the southbound exit ramp to Sample Road will also be closed and will detour southbound Turnpike drivers to its Coconut Creek Parkway exit.
The northbound exit to Sample Road will remain open during the closure.
The same closures may come back the following weekend from July 22 to July 25 with the same schedule if needed.
Florida’s Turnpike is closing the lanes because of a $1.9 million improvement project of the Sample Road ramps meant to widen and resurface its lanes.
The following detours will be in place for the closure:
Westbound Sample Road entrance to the Turnpike
▪ Go south on Lyons Road until you reach Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard
▪ Go west on Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and follow signs to the Turnpike ramp
Eastbound Sample Road entrance to the Turnpike
▪ Go south on Powerline Road until you reach Coconut Creek Parkway
▪ Go east on Coconut Creek Parkway and follow signs to the Turnpike ramp
Southbound Turnpike exit to Sample Road
▪ Exit at Coconut Creek Parkway/Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (exit 69)
▪ Go west on Coconut Creek Parkway until you reach Lyons Road
▪ Go north on Lyons Road until you reach Sample Road