Derek Hough tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of ‘DWTS’ finale

Derek Hough has tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19 after being present in the “Dancing With the Stars” ballroom Monday night.

The judge, 36, shared the news via Instagram early Tuesday, revealing that his Las Vegas shows would be postponed this week.

“Even though I’ve been fully vaccinated I’ve just been diagnosed with a breakthrough case of COVID and just found out,” Hough shared.

“I feel strong, but I’m currently taking advice from medical professionals, doing everything I can to get better as fast as i can.”

Hough, who is quarantining, did not clarify whether fans will still get to see him for the “Dancing With the Stars” finale next week. When Page Six reached out to ABC for clarification, a rep directed us to Hough’s video.

Hough also had a COVID scare in October, and was forced to sit out of the dancing competition series after he was potentially exposed.

We were told at the time that Hough was healthy and fine, and that his absence was solely out of an abundance of caution, as safety is the No. 1 priority for cast and crew on set.

Derek Hough
Derek Hough announced he has tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19.
Instagram

Earlier this season, pro dancer Cheryl Burke and her celebrity partner, Cody Rigsby, tested positive for COVID-19, but performed live from their separate homes as a way around missing a routine.

Speaking to Page Six and other reporters during a post-show presser, Burke, 37, and Rigsby, 34, reacted to their at-home performance.

“It wasn’t under the perfect circumstances but I still had so much fun doing this,” the Peloton instructor said. “It was really a dream come true.”

Leave a Comment

Advertise