A young wife who died in a tanning salon has been described as “the most generous person you could ever meet” by her heartbroken husband. Piata Tauwhare went to Lextan near her home in Swansea on Saturday, May 28, for an 11-minute tan, but died shortly after her session.
The 30-year-old is believed to have had a cardiac arrest minutes after getting out of the solarium with his mother-in-law who was to look for her after not hearing from her for an hour.
Piata’s husband Ifan Jones said his mother went to the Fforestfach salon and thought she might have left her phone there without realizing it, but when she was shown to the room used by the mental health assistant, she found her daughter-in-law dead on the floor.
Read more:Two 19-year-olds were killed and two others drove to hospital after a car crashed into a petrol station
The 23-year-old told the Liverpool Echo that his Liverpool FC support wife was “the most generous person you could ever meet”. He said: “Not one person could ever say a bad word about her and she would bow backwards to anyone, friends, family or strangers. It’s hard.
“She helped me with everything. I suffer from anxiety and stuff like that and literally everything she would do for me. Every single one of my friends and family came out with her right away. Everyone loved her. If I was ever seen without her, everyone would ask how she was doing. “
Ifan, who lived with Piata in their home in Swansea, has said he believes the love of his life could have been saved if she had been found earlier. He has also claimed that the solarium staff should have checked on her.
The warehouse worker said, “She had something resembling a cardiac arrest in the Lextan solarium. She went in there at 1:50 pm for an 11-minute session. She did not answer her phone, so my mom and I both nipped out. Work to see, if everything was okay.
“We found her lying in a deceased room. The staff had not checked her. She must have had a fun trip and died. From what I have been told, it is the longest one can be inside in 20 minutes, but she was only booked into 11 minutes.
“Usually they come and check on you five minutes after the session so they can clean the bed for the next customer. They did not even check if she was in there or not. It was my mother who found her.
“I asked her to look, so the staff took her to an empty room, and there was no phone. So when my mother left, they realized she was in another room, and the door was locked. My mother looked in. under the door and saw her feet. They then went to find the key, and when we finally came in she was dead. “
Ifan has now started a GoFundMe to raise money so that Piata’s body can be transported to New Zealand for a traditional funeral in her home country. He said: “We want to get her back to New Zealand to be with her friends and family and have a traditional funeral.
“I would also like to go there and be with her to see her finally rest. There will be a ceremony here with my friends and family showing their respect, but then we will fly her out to New Zealand to do it properly. . “
A spokesman for Lextan told the Liverpool Echo: “Unfortunately, we can confirm that a customer died while in our Fforestfach salon on Saturday 28 May. We offer our condolences to the deceased’s family and friends and have also offered advice to “We are cooperating with the South Wales Police investigation into this matter and any further inquiries should be directed at them at this time.”