This summer’s transfer window was unlike anything else; see all the big deals and see how we rated the biggest contracts. And just because the window is closed until January, does not mean the rumors do not keep coming. Here is the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP HISTORY: Man United see Sevilla defender Konde
Manchester United are eager to sign Sevilla’s central defense Jules Konde despite the LaLiga club holding out for € 80 million, as has been reported by ABC.
It is even suggested that the Red Devils could move to pick up the French national team player in the January transfer window to solve their defensive problems.
Clubs from all over Europe are showing interest in the 22-year-old, but the Premier League seems his most likely destination due to the league’s financial strength. This comes after Chelsea received an offer of € 50m. knocked back during the summer transfer window.
Recent defeats to derby rivals Liverpool and Manchester City have prompted Man United to consider signing another center-back despite signing Raphael Varane from Real Madrid this summer.
However, Sevilla will also assess how they feel about losing Konde halfway through the season. The Andalusians are one point behind LaLiga leaders Real Sociedad with a match in hand. They sit at the bottom of their Champions League group but still have a chance to advance to the knockout stage.
– ESPN + guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC daily on ESPN + (US only)
– Do not have ESPN? Get instant access
15.32 GMT: Man United have no plans to sign a new manager yet.
Mark Ogden describes Ole Gunnar Solskjær as lame, but believes that Man United will keep him until further notice.
14.21 GMT: Czech billionaire Daniel Kretinsky has signed a deal to buy a minority stake in West Ham United, the club announced on Wednesday.
Both the men’s and women’s teams have had a positive start to the season. The men’s team sits in third place in the Premier League after manager David Moyes’ team claimed a 3-2 home win over Liverpool on Sunday, leaving them just three points behind leaders Chelsea.
Meanwhile, the women’s side are in sixth place with two wins after six games as they look to build on their ninth place final period.
The deal comes amid public protests from West Ham fans in recent years over majority owners David Sullivan and David Gold following a move from London Stadium in 2016.
14.07 GMT: Newcastle’s new manager Eddie Howe may have a decent transfer budget for the January window, but the Daily Express says he is keen to land the Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier.
The former Tottenham and Burnley defender has done well for LaLiga champions since moving in 2019, but could be tempted to return to the Premier League, where Man United were previously linked.
Trippier, 31, has two years left on his contract, but whether he wants to get involved in a relegation battle is still unknown. Atletico are likely to demand that his € 40 million release clause be paid in full to allow him to leave.
13.40 GMT: PSG want to buy back RB Leipzig Christopher Nkunku, according to Bild.
Nkunku, 23, has scored nine goals in 12 games this season and has caught the eye of some fantastic performances since leaving Paris for Germany in 2019.
Manchester City have also been linked with the French U21 international, but PSG are keen to bring him back as a potential replacement for Kylian Mbappe.
12.33 GMT: West Ham United striker Jarrod Bowen is on Liverpool’s radar, says The Daily Mirror.
Bowen, 24, has three goals in 15 games so far this season and Liverpool will be looking for backups such as Sadio Mane and Mo Salah departure to play in the African Cup of Nations in a few months.
However, the report says Liverpool do not want to bring Bowen into the January window.
11.50 GMT: New leader Eddie Howe has a hard job in Newcastle.
Gab and Juls discuss whether Eddie Howe should be involved in Newcastle’s search for a football director.
11.11 GMT: Dani Alves will meet with Barcelona this week to discuss a return to the club, according to a report in UOL Esporte.
Alves, 38, has been without a team since leaving Sao Paulo earlier this year and was present at the Camp Nou for Barca’s 1-0 win over Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League in October.
Speaks at the presentation of new coach Xavi Hernandez on Monday, Barca president Joan Laporta confirmed that Alves “helps the club in many ways and has also offered us help from a sporting perspective.”
Alves, who won a gold medal with Brazil at the Summer Olympics, spent eight successful years at Barca between 2008 and 2016, winning 23 trophies before joining Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Sao Paulo.
He left Sao Paulo in September and has been looking for a new team ever since, as he looks set to cement his place in Brazil’s squad ahead of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Sergino Dest, Oscar Mingueza and Sergi Roberto has switched at right-back so far this season for Barca, which is Alves’ natural position, although he can also play further forward.
10.26 GMT: Real Madrid’s right back Dani carvajal says it’s good for Spanish football Xavi Hernandez has returned to LaLiga after being named Barcelona coach on Monday.
“It’s good that Xavi is coming to La Liga,” Carvajal said in quotes reported by AS: “He has been a very important player for Barcelona, for LaLiga, and gives an extra to our league. I wish him luck and “Happiness, even though he’s a competitor to us. He’s a colleague and you can not hurt anyone. I hope he can do his best, but we will try to expand our distance to Barca.”
Asked if he had mixed feelings when Lionel Messi left LaLiga for PSG this summer, the Spanish national team player said: “A bit of both. You can not be completely happy because LaLiga has lost Messi. But by being at Real Madrid you know that Barca will lose much more without Messi, and we have more chances to win the LaLiga and the Copa del Rey. “
10.02 GMT: Spanish attacker Raul de Tomas says he does not rule out returning to play for Real Madrid one day.
A youth product of The White, De Tomas left the club to join Benfica on a permanent transfer in the summer of 2019 in pursuit of playing time. He returned to LaLiga six months later after Espanyol acquired his sports rights in a transfer of 22.5 million euros. He has a contract with Espanyol until June 2026.
De Tomas has impressed in Espanyol this season and is the third highest goal scorer in La Liga afterwards Karim Benzema and Luis Suarez with seven goals.
The 27-year-old, who got his first call for Spain’s national team for the World Cup qualifiers against Greece and Sweden, said: “I focus on day to day and you never know. I was brought to Madrid. And I’ve been to the club, since I was eight.Of course I would like to (success at the Bernabeu stadium) .It would be a dream to return to Madrid because I was raised there and since I was eight I would go into Real Madrid’s sports ground. the dream of returning to where you grew up. Why not? “
09.20 GMT: The Daily Star claims Manchester United are ready to listen to decent offers to sign Paul Pogba.
Pogba, 28, could be out for two months with a thigh injury while on international duty with France, sources have told ESPN.
As his contract expires this summer, it leaves the midfielder’s future in the air and United could make an effort to move him further in January so they do not lose a fee.
Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG are all eager to land Pogba.
08.49 GMT: Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United are all on the trail of West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, but The Sun claims the club will not let him leave.
Rice, 22, is considered one of the best young players in Europe, but West Ham are battling for a top four spot in the Premier League this season and are not interested in letting one of their star players go, even for over £ 100m.
The report says: “No bid has ever been made. And even though a bid came in for as much as £ 100m, Hammer’s board have no intentions of doing business, believing they can satisfy the player’s ambitions themselves. . “
08.30 GMT: ICYMI – Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects to survive the international break and remain in charge of Manchester United’s next match against Watford, sources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
The Norwegian has spoken to chief executive Ed Woodward since the demoralizing 2-0 defeat to Manchester City on Saturday, but has so far received no indication that he is set for firing.
Sources close to Solskjær, 48, accept that he is vulnerable after a race of six defeats in 12 matches, but insists that he has been asked to begin preparations for the trip to Vicarage Road on November 20, and that he continues is sure to turn the situation around.
Jugen Klopp believes Aaron Cresswell deserved to be sent off and says the referee relied too much on VAR.
PAPER GAP (by Danny Lewis)
– Liverpool could be set to pick up a winger during the January transfer window to compensate for the loss of Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane during the African Cup of Nations, as reported by Fabrizio Romano on the Here We Go podcast. Arnaut Danjuma, who signed for Villarreal from Bournemouth over the summer, is said to be a player of interest.
– Juventus may consider picking up one of several candidates if they are unable to pick up AS Monaco’s midfielder and long-term goals. Aurelien Tchouameni. According to Calciomercato, among the names are Borussia Dortmunds Axel Witsel, Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Denis Zakaria and Bayern Munich Corentin Tolisso. But their best option is Marseilles Boubacar Kamara, which also has an agreement that expires this summer.
West Ham United are considering a third attempt at signing Giovanni Simeone as they appear to be adding a striker to their squad, according to The Daily Express. But with the Argentine loaned to Greece Verona from Cagliari, and the former having to trigger a clause that would make that move permanent, it could be difficult to land him.
– Internazionale still have control when it comes to picking up Ajax Amsterdam goalkeeper Andre Onana despite interest from, among others, Barcelona, as reported by Fabrizio Romano. He states that Inter have had a verbal agreement with the Cameroon national team for several months and that an agreement will be officially agreed when the rules allow it.
Napoli are hoping to sign a defender Federico Gatti from the Series B side Frosinone, as reported by Calciomercato. The 23-year-old is valued at around € 6m, but that does not seem to be a problem as there is also interest from Juventus, Atalanta and clubs abroad. In fact, a shift may even be made during the January transfer window.
– Seattle Sounders star Raul Ruidiaz attracts interest from Liga MX team Cruz Azul, according to Telemundo Sports’ Diego Montalvan. The report adds that a return to Mexico’s top class seems unlikely for the 31-year-old Peru striker at the moment. Other reports from Seattle show that the Sounders have already exercised their 2022 club option for Ruidiaz.