NYC Housing Calendar, Aug. 31- Sept. 7
City Limits rounds up the latest housing and land use-related events, public hearings and upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon.
Welcome to City Limits’ NYC Housing Calendar, a weekly feature where we round up the latest housing and land use-related events and hearings, as well as upcoming affordable housing lotteries that are ending soon. If you know of an event we should include in next week’s calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get more resources like this as well as our latest reporting on local housing issues, sign up for City Limits’ Mapping the Future newsletter here.
Upcoming Housing and Land Use-Related Events:
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s Subcommittee on Landmarks, Public Sitings and Dispositions will meet to discuss the city’s acquisition of a property at 2017 Grand Concourse in The Bronx for affordable housing development. [More here]
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 2 p.m.: The city’s Department of Buildings will host an online Q&A session for Manhattan property owners, answering questions about permits, construction codes, zoning regulations, certificates of occupancy and more. [More here]
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m.: The NYC Council’s Subcommittee on Zoning and Franchises will meet about a land use application in Astoria, Queens. [More here]
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m.: The City Planning Commission will vote on several projects at a public meeting. [More here]
- Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 6 p.m.: Councilmember Gale Brewer’s office will host a housing clinic on Zoom with Goddard Riverside Law Project which will focus on holdover eviction cases. [More here]
NYC Affordable Housing Lotteries Ending Soon:
- 737 Fenimore Street Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $67,715 – $156,130
- 305 Kingsland Avenue Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $75,429 – $156,130
- 4623 5th Avenue Apartments, Brooklyn, for households earning $85,715 – $187,330
- Lyra at 555 West 38th Street, Manhattan, for households earning $47,966 – $187,330