Passengers die on London Underground at Turnham Green station

A commuter has died at Turnham Green station, West London, Transport for London announced on Tuesday.

Police were called to the station after receiving reports of an injury to the rails in the afternoon.

The station was evacuated while police and ambulance crews attended instead.

A spokesman for the British Transport Police said: “The British Transport Police were called to Turnham Green Underground Station at 14.09 today following reports of an injury to the rails.

READ MORE: South Harrow station live: London Underground station closed after passengers collapsed on train

“Paramedics also attended, but unfortunately one person was pronounced dead at the scene.

“This incident is not being treated as suspicious and a case will be prepared for the forensic pathologist.”

Services at the station were later resumed after being temporarily suspended.

However, delays on the affected District and Piccadilly lines continue to be reported.

The incident took place just over two hours after a man was reported to be suffering from cardiac arrest in a train at South Harrow Station.

Paramedics attended South Harrow Station after 6 p.m. 11.50.

Do you want to stay up to date with the latest news, views, features and opinions from across the city?

MyLondon’s brilliant newsletter The 12 is completely crammed with all the latest to keep you entertained, informed and uplifted.

You get 12 stories directly in your inbox around noon. It’s the perfect lunch read.

And what’s more – it’s FREE!

The MyLondon team tells London stories to Londoners. Our journalists cover all the news you need – from the town hall to your local streets, so you never miss a moment.

Do not skip a beat and sign up for The 12 Newsletter here.

The station was closed from around noon. 12:00 to 13:30, during which time no train stopped there on the Piccadilly line. The incident also caused major delays.

Piccadilly Line train through Piccadilly Line train resumed operations on the full line shortly before noon. 13.20, before the South Harrow station reopened completely about 10 minutes later.

Severe delays continued between Acton Town and Uxbridge. Delays are now downgraded to smaller.

Want more from MyLondon? Sign up for our daily newsletters to get the latest and greatest from all over London here.


Leave a Comment