The Bengaluru-based ed-tech startup Scaler has rolled out a new business-to-business (B2B) campaign targeting global and home-made technology companies. With the campaign, the platform aims to highlight the value of hiring from Scaler’s talent pool. “The campaign aims to emphasize the core problem of not being able to hire quality engineers. Through this, we aim to bridge the gap, ”Abhimanyu Saxena, co-founder, Scaler and Interviewbit, told BrandWagon Online.
In terms of marketing expenses, the company claims to have set aside around a crore Rs for the new campaign. While digital platforms will account for 80% of total marketing expenses, print and out-of-home (OOH) will account for the remaining 20%. “For OOH and print, our main focus will remain in the first phase in Karnataka, Delhi NCR and Andhra Pradesh and Telangana,” Saxena said. In digital, the campaign will be released across social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The campaign highlights persistent recruitment challenges facing technology companies in the form of talent shortages, high recruitment costs and inefficient processes that delay onboarding of resources. Scaler plans to reach out to technology executives (CTOs), human resources managers (HR) and hiring teams.
The Sequoia Capital-backed company claims to have awarded Rs 100 crore as marketing expenses in CY22. However, the company refused to provide the marketing expenses for FY23. “Digital will continue to be our main focus area for engagement with current and potential students. We will also explore print and OOH going forward to build the brand further,” he said.
In terms of the number of students enrolled in the platform so far, the company claims to have enrolled around 17,000 students on its platform since 2019. The company claims that this number is likely to go up to 40,000 by the end of this accounting period.
Scaler recently ventured into the co-living space under the Scalerverse brand, a community living space for interns and ecosystem partners. Scalerverse currently has two centers in Bengaluru and plans to expand its presence across five major cities over the next three months. Currently, the company offers two courses – software engineering and computer science and machine learning. Saxena added that there will be no addition in terms of rates before December 2022.
Read also: Purpose must navigate through the core of the brand’s premise: Leo Burnett’s Dheeraj Sinha
Follow us on TwitterInstagram, LinkedIn, Facebook