Six reports from the Prince Andrew Summit – from Williams’ rage to the Queen’s’ lifeline ‘

Prince Andrew was stripped of his royal patronage and military titles this week just one day after being told he is going to court in a civil trial.

The decision means the Duke of York has been completely removed from official royal life and will henceforth be an ordinary citizen, according to the Mirror.

He was told by the Queen on Thursday (January 13) that he will no longer use the title of His Royal Highness in any official capacity.

It’s a further blow to the scandal-ridden royal, who the day before found out that New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that the prince should face a civil lawsuit on charges of sexual abuse against Virginia Giuffre when she was 17.

He maintains his innocence over the accusations.

Ms Giuffre, 38, who claims Andrew had sex with her on three occasions when she was only 17, has lived in Australia since 2002.

He was summoned to meet his mother and told the news, but it was not a decision made solely by Her Majesty.

After hours of deliberation with other senior members of the firm, a 90-minute meeting signaled the end of public royal life.



An undated distribution photo taken in an undisclosed location and released on August 9, 2021 by the United States District Couty for the Southern District of New York shows (LR) Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell posing for a photo. A US judge on January 12, 2022, rejected Prince Andrew’s request to dismiss a sexual assault lawsuit filed against the British Royal Family, paving the way for the case to continue, a lawsuit showed. (Photo by Handout / US District Court – Southern District of New York (SDNY) / AFP) / LIMITED TO EDITORIAL USE – MANDATORY CREDIT “AFP PHOTO / UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK” – INGEN MARC CAMPAIGNS – DISTRIBUTED AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE (Photo by HANDOUT / US District Court – Southern Dis / AFP via Getty Images)

But the summit is not said to have been straightforward, with his lawyer left in the parking lot and the prince amazed at the result.

Here are the six key revelations from Windsor Castle when it was decided that “the ax should fall fast” on Andrew’s royal career.

‘Furious’ Williams del



Prince William is reportedly 'angry' at his uncle for calling at the royal family.
Prince William is reportedly ‘angry’ at his uncle for calling at the royal family.

Prince William has been “glowing” about how his uncle has behaved throughout the legal saga.

The queen decided ruthlessly on Wednesday and she was helped to reach her conclusion.

The Mirror understands that the angry duke is angry at his uncle for bringing the royal family into disrepute.

A source said: “The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge are completely in line with their view that the Duke of York has presided over a complete and total disaster.”

It is believed that detailed discussions in the family had been going on for several weeks with William, who was aware that action was required.

Andrew ‘must-shock’ over the decision



Sources say Andrew had no idea about the Thursday news.
Sources say Andrew had no idea about the Thursday news.

Andrew did not see the decision coming, and a source described him as being “must-shocked” over the move.

The ruthless call came less than 24 hours after New York judge Lewis Kaplan ruled that Andrew should face a civil lawsuit. He denies the allegations.

The source said he was stunned, adding: “Given the robustness with which Judge Kaplan greeted our arguments, we are not surprised by the ruling.

“However, that was not an assessment of the realities of Mrs Giuffre’s allegations. The Duke will continue to defend himself against these allegations.”

The Queen told Andrew face to face



The queen is believed to have brought the news personally.
The queen is believed to have brought the news personally.

The Queen is believed to have broken the decision of the middle son Andrew face to face.

During a private audience, the monarch told his son that he would no longer be known as His Royal Highness “in any official capacity” – and would be left to fight his lawsuit as a private citizen.

The Duke of York, who looks stony, was driven a few miles from his house, Royal Lodge, to Windsor Castle on Thursday morning to sit down with his mother for 90 minutes.

She informed him of the decision and an official announcement was made hours later.

Andrew ‘tried to bring a lawyer’ to the summit



The Duke of York has been completely removed from official royal life.
The Duke of York has been completely removed from official royal life.

Prince Andrew tried to bring his personal lawyer to the summit, sources say.

He was driven to Windsor Castle by his short Gary Bloxsome, but he was quickly told he would not be allowed to be with him.

Instead, he waited outside in the car, reports the Daily Mail.

Bloxome’s involvement may indicate that Andrew had taken legal advice before facing his mother.

The Queen’s ‘economic lifeline’



The queen will still pay the bill for her son's security details.
The queen will still pay the bill for her son’s security details.

Prince Andrew fears financial ruin in the midst of the ongoing sex affair.

The build-up of legal bills and a potential £ 10million settlement with his prosecutor has led him to count the costs of being banished from the royal family.

But the queen has offered her son a lifeline.

She will not pay any legal bills, but sources have confirmed that Andrew will not lose his security details.

The Queen would privately cover the cost of his £ 300,000 protection if left black.

Discussions ‘lasted for hours’

The Queen and Prince William spoke at length in his private neighborhood before the decision was made.

A royal source said last night that the Duke of Cambridge was locked in talks “for more than an hour” with his grandfather.

William, 39, is believed to have made sure no stone was left unturned.

Prince Charles also played a role in the summit. He spoke to the Queen on the phone from Scotland, where he currently lives.

Andrew and the queen spoke for more than 90 minutes, it was claimed as she dropped the bomb.

Do not miss the latest news from across Scotland and elsewhere – Sign up for our daily newsletter here.

.

Leave a Comment

Advertise