Strange New Worlds Is Classic Star Trek at Its Best

Image: Paramount It is a strange feeling to get excited about a show I technically don’t care about. Or at least I shouldn’t. Star Trek is a franchise that I’ve never been particularly into, and what I know about it has mainly been gleaned by osmosis during 20 years of covering nerd news. It was … Read more

Paramount+ UK Launch Set for June 22

This is what you’re going to look like for nearly two months waiting for Paramount+ to arrive… if you’re in the UK and Ireland, at least.Image: Paramount Good news, Star Trek fans who are also fond of the letter u, the right kinds of tea, and other things! Paramount+ has finally been given a launch … Read more

The Staircase and Girls5eva season 2

Colin Firth in The Staircase, Anson Mount in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, and Renée Elise Goldsberry in Girls5eva season 2Photo: HBO Max; Marni Grossman/Paramount+; Heidi Gutman/Peacock Welcome to What’s On, our weekly picks of must-watch shows. Here’s what you need to watch from Sunday, May 1 to Thursday, May 5. All times are Eastern. … Read more

What’s New on Paramount+ in May 2022

Image: Strange New Worlds promotional poster/Paramount Paramount keeps rebooting Star Trek, and I keep coming back, hoping whatever they’re trying now will hit like The Next Generation did back in the ‘90s (I am very old). Strange New Worlds is the latest attempt, and I’ll be damed if the trailer doesn’t make it seem like … Read more

Where to Watch Every Star Trek Show

There’s quite frankly a LOT of boldly going going on.Gif: Paramount Trying to keep track of what Star Trek is coming right now feels like trying to stop a tribble from procreating. Before even more new series get announced, here’s our guide of when to expect all the new Star Trek shows, the returns of … Read more

Denis Villeneuve Wants a Dune Messiah Movie After Part Two

Things are gonna get downright wormy.Image: Warner Bros. Rob Zombie’s Munsters remake has cast a horror icon. Karl Urban teases even more to come from The Boys. Plus, the CW details what’s coming on Superman & Lois, Legacies, Charmed, The Flash, and more. And get a new look at what’s coming on Outlander. To me, … Read more

Season 4 Episode 12, “Species Ten-C”

Michael gets ready to enter the unknown.Image: Paramount About 80% of this week’s Star Trek: Discovery was perhaps one of the most thoughtful and engaging episodes the series has ever done—perhaps even one of its most wonderfully Star Trek-y tales. The other 20% saw the dread inevitability that next week is a big bang season … Read more

Picard Season 2 Star Trek Online Ships Canon Interview

The fleet gathers.Gif: Paramount When Star Trek: Picard returned last week, it inched the Star Trek timeline forward into a period largely untouched in its TV history. Discovery may have jumped all the way to the 31st century, but a 2401 setting meant exploring Star Trek’s 25th century future. Except one piece of Star Trek … Read more

Star Trek Quentin Tarantino Movie Details—Time Travel Gangsters

Just picture this with Zach Quinto and Karl Urban, though.Screenshot: Paramount Talk of Quentin Tarantino heading to the Alpha Quadrant has swirled around for the past few years, largely focusing on how the iconic director’s take on Star Trek would’ve pushed the franchise into darker, more violent, and more curse-laden material. But new details about … Read more

Star Trek Discovery Recap Season 4 Episode 9: “Rubicon”

Michael prepares for one of the toughest showdowns of her showdown-laden life.Image: Paramount If last week’s Star Trek: Discovery was the show’s most successful attempt at making Michael Burnham’s personal life the main character of the show in a fun way, “Rubicon,” episode nine of season four, is finally the achievement the show has longed … Read more