Department: Wise Music Creative (WMC)
Job Title: Senior Creative Manager, Film & TV
Reporting to: Head of UK Creative, Wise Music Group
Location: Berners Street, London
Wise Music Group is one of the World’s leading music publishers, owning and managing over 500,000 popular and classical music copyrights. The Group is privately owned by one family over several generations, and the UK Head Office is located in the West End of London.
To promote the rights and composers represented by the Wise Music Group (WMG) to the Film and TV markets across UK & Ireland.
To identify new opportunities for the Wise Music catalog and composers in the film and TV markets whilst also servicing existing clients by handling incoming creative pitches, negotiating deal terms, and licensing uses
To manage and maintain good working relationships with the Wise Music Creative composer roster, including a specific focus on composers with an interest in film and TV score commissions
To generally promote the Wise Music catalog, composers and the services of the Wise Music Creative team to the wider industry.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer incoming briefs and clearance inquiries for prospective film and TV sync usages
- Identify new opportunities for the catalog, composers and department with respect to film and TV
- Build, develop and maintain relationships with production companies, music supervisors, broadcasters, streaming platforms, directors, producers and editors
- Maintain an overview of the film and TV production landscape in the UK and Ireland
- Manage and maintain a close working relationship with your composer roster and advise composers with respect to commissioned film and TV work, including negotiating deal terms, reviewing commissioning agreements and assisting with awards submissions
- Identify new talent for the composer roster, with particular emphasis on those working in films and TV
- Manage the output and commissioning process of Wise Music’s production music arm, Bosworth Music, and the relationship with their global production music partner
- Provide relevant film and TV news, information and audio-visual content for the Wise Music website and online platforms
- Upload and / or tag audio from the Wise Music catalog onto our in-house music library as and when required
- Work with the wider team on promotional activities, including hosting showcases, preparing client gifts, maintaining the departmental website and generating social media output
- Assist fellow team members across briefs for all media as and when required
- Attend showcases, gigs, conferences and industry events.
SKILLS & BEHAVIOURAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educated to undergraduate degree level
- Previous experience in either a music publisher / record label sync team or a music department at a media company, eg, broadcaster, music supervision house for a minimum of four years
- Established network of contacts across the sync industry, especially in film and TV
- Experienced in liaising with composers, artists and their management on both a creative and business level
- Proven track record in procuring new business for sync, negotiating licensing deal terms and reviewing agreements.
- Knowledge of the current sync and media composition landscape
- A good understanding of music copyright and publishing with specific relevance to synch
- A good understanding of musical history, genre tropes and global music trends.
Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with in-house and bespoke software systems
- Good overall knowledge of the Wise Music catalogs and composers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrable organizational skills.
- Strong team player
- Proactive and innovative
- Enthusiastic, sociable and communicative.
Core working hours are 0930 to 1730 Monday to Friday, currently with hybrid, flexible working arrangements where possible. However, you will need to be flexible and able to work additional hours as required ensuring deadlines are met.
The role is London-based but with national and international travel opportunities as required.